[Bioc-devel] package vignette error : external data can't be captured when compiling package vignette

Jurat Shayidin juratbupt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 14:36:28 CET 2016

Dear Hervé :

Thanks again for your response on my issue. I've read your message very
carefully and did all you suggested to me, still can't fix the vignette
compilation error. I have developed my package on windows machine under
devel version of R and Bioc, all unit test works fine to me. I don't
understand why inst/ directory was not created when I build and install my
packages, external data can't be read during vignette compilation.
However, my objective is, to build my package vignette with no error in the
first place, then continue to edit the context until getting final version
of vignette file. When I install packages using devtools::install(), I got
this :

> devtools::install()
Installing MSPC
"C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-devel/bin/x64/R" \
--no-site-file --no-environ --no-save \
--no-restore --quiet CMD INSTALL \
"C:/Users/jvrat/Documents/MSPC" \
--library="C:/Users/jvrat/Documents/R/win-library/3.4" \
--install-tests
* installing *source* package 'MSPC' ...
** R
** tests
** preparing package for lazy loading
** help
*** installing help indices
** building package indices
** installing vignettes
** testing if installed package can be loaded
* DONE (MSPC)
Reloading installed MSPC

I believe doing this is right in vignette file after I follow your advise :

```{r}
library(MSPC)
inputBed <- list.files(system.file("extdata", package = "MSPC"), full.names
= TRUE)
inputData <- readPeakFile(peakFolder = inputBed)

inputData
```

However, I should not add inst/extdata manually , without this I can't
allow to load external data for package use, and vignette compilation keep
failed. To be honest, this is my very first time building R packages, I
don't know how to fix this error. Just out of curiosity, during package
installation, everything is under the inst/ , but I don't have this folder.
Why is that ? Is that possible to get further help from Bioconductor
project team to review the package source in github ?

I am stuck with this problem, I searched all possible answer from all over
the place, cannot fix my issues. I am very sorry if my question is naive to
ask here. Could you point me out how to possibly solve this problem? Thanks
again for your great favor.

Best regards :

Jurat

--
Jurat Shahidin

Dipartimento di Elettronica, Informazione e Bioingegneria
Politecnico di Milano
Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32 - 20133 Milano, Italy
Mobile : +39 3279366608