[Bioc-devel] YAPSA package submission

Martin Morgan martin.morgan at roswellpark.org
Mon Aug 1 16:18:10 CEST 2016

(including Bioc-devel again...)

On 08/01/2016 07:12 AM, Daniel Huebschmann wrote:
> Dear martin,
>
> thank you very much for your reply. I tried out the following:
>
> - install.packages("limSolve") in R-3.3.1 on Windows 10
>
> This worked out, so comparing to the report under
> https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-windows-ix86+x86_64/limSolve-00check.html
> it seems like it is only an example of limSolve which throws the error.
> Is that of major importance?
> Of course I can still try to contact the authors of limSolve.

the example represents a test of the code, and apparently the code fails
the test, so yes, it's important!

If you try to install limSolve from R_HOME/bin/x86_64 things go fine,
but from R_HOME/bin/i386/Rgui.exe, you'll see that it is 'only available
from source'. Likewise if you try to load the version you installed
under x86_64 but under i386, you'll see that the 32-bit DLL is not
available.

It's much better for the package to be fixed up-stream than to introduce
all kinds of conditions under which your package would be available.

Martin