[Bioc-devel] Shouldn't we distinguish between package-specific and dependency errors?]

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fredhutch.org
Fri Sep 25 17:37:16 CEST 2015

----- Original Message -----

Just to clarify, C++11 is not supported on Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.x) because the compilers are too old to support it. Hence packages that contain C++11 code are not supported on this platform but they are available on other platforms. In general we prefer that packages be supported on all platforms; however, Snow Leopard support in R is being phased out.

The build system has the option to mark a package as unsupported on a given platform; if we did that for packages containing C++11 code, the build shield would be green for those packages (assuming no other problems).

Dan

Dan