[Bioc-devel] Merging git mirror and previous git repo ?

Mike wjiang2 at fhcrc.org
Tue Sep 22 21:06:56 CEST 2015

Here is what I did to resolve the conflicts when merging from master to
devel.

     git clonehttps://github.com/sneumann/mtbls2/
     update_remotes.sh
     git checkout master
     making some changes and commit to master...
     git checkout devel
     git rebase
     git log #to get the git-svn starting point commit
     git checkout master
     git merge -s ours git_svn_starting_point_commit_id #won't do anything but interconnect git and git-svn branches so they are not totally different
     git checkout devel
     git merge --squash master
     git commit -am "comments"
     git svn dcommit