[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor Git/GitHub Mirrors

Mike wjiang2 at fhcrc.org
Sat Sep 12 00:19:17 CEST 2015

I finally got to the bottom of my issue. It's the ' color.branch'
variable that causes the trouble for the bash script. Because I had
explicitly set it to 'always' in my '~/.gitconfig' file, `git branch -r
` command append the wierd control characters to the release branch
name, e.g. 'release-3.0^[[m', which messed up the 'svn-remote'
subsection within '.git/config' file.  After I changed this variable
value to 'auto',  the script runs successfully now.

Thanks a lot!