[Bioc-devel] Is there a way to change the name of R package that is already published on bioconductor?

Hervé Pagès hpages at fredhutch.org
Mon Nov 16 18:58:58 CET 2015

Hi Marcin,

It's technically possible to change the name. In order to try to keep
this the less disruptive, we would only do this in devel and we would
need to create a new package there by cloning the current package and
changing its name. Then we would add a deprecation/redirection message
in the old package. If the renaming only involves changing case, it
might cause problems on Windows.

As you can see it's a quite bumpy road. Is it really worth all the
trouble?

Cheers,
H.

On 11/16/2015 08:47 AM, Marcin Kosiński wrote:
> I have published `RTCGA.rnaseq` R package that provides datasets from TCGA
> project containig RNA sequencing (gene's expressions). I am wondering if
> there is a way to change this package name to be more proper like
> `RTCGA.RNAseq` and if that's possible, how should I do that and to whom
> should I write?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Marcin
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]