[Bioc-devel] is.unsorted method for GRanges objects

Gabe Becker becker.gabe at gene.com
Tue Nov 3 01:55:28 CET 2015

Pete,

What does sorted mean for granges? If the starts  are sorted but the ends
aren't does that count? What if only the ends are but the ranges are on the
negative strand?

Do we consider seqlevels to be ordinal in the order the levels are returned
from seqlevels ()? That usually makes sense, but does it always?

In essence I'm asking if sortedness is a well enough defined term for an
is.sorted method to make sense.

Best,
~G