[Bioc-devel] FW: [bioc] A: CRISPRseek package: be aware that as of Oct 2015, CRISPRseek works best for for

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Mon Nov 2 22:52:34 CET 2015

Valerie,

Could you please help answer the multicore problem the user experienced with? FYI, I used parLapply to replace lapply when multicore = TRUE. Thanks!

Best regards,

Julie

From: "alexgraehl [bioc]" <noreply at bioconductor.org<mailto:noreply at bioconductor.org>>
Date: Monday, November 2, 2015 4:21 PM
To: Lihua Julie Zhu <julie.zhu at umassmed.edu<mailto:julie.zhu at umassmed.edu>>
Subject: [bioc] A: CRISPRseek package: be aware that as of Oct 2015, CRISPRseek works best for for

Activity on a post you are following on support.bioconductor.org<https://support.bioconductor.org>

User alexgraehl<https://support.bioconductor.org/u/8935/> wrote Answer: CRISPRseek package: be aware that as of Oct 2015, CRISPRseek works best for for regions < 200kb<https://support.bioconductor.org/p/72994/#74042>:

Also, I have always had to set "multicore = FALSE," or I always get this error:

Error in do.call(rbind, lapply(1:length(subjects), function(p) { :

  error in evaluating the argument 'args' in selecting a method for function 'do.call': Error in socketConnection("localhost", port = port, server = TRUE, blocking = TRUE,  :

  all connections are in use

Not sure if that's a problem with my setup (R 3.2.2 on RedHat Enterprise Linux 6.5, I think), or what, but the easy workaround is to just set multicore=FALSE.

Post tags: crisprseek, sgrna, crispr, cas9, R

You may reply via email or visit https://support.bioconductor.org/p/72994/#74042