[Bioc-devel] Package end-of-life policy

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fredhutch.org
Fri May 15 23:18:55 CEST 2015

Developers --

We are implementing an 'end-of-life' policy for Bioconductor packages, with the
current version at

   http://bioconductor.org/developers/package-end-of-life/

We hope the policy helps to maintain a high-quality repository of actively
maintained packages. Keeping a package alive is not too onerous; the package
needs to build across platforms (with limited exceptions) and the maintainer
needs to be responsive to maintenance and support queries.

Inasmuch as possible package end-of-life will involve a 'Deprecation' phase
lasting a release cycle, so that developers and users have a chance to make
changes to their own packages and work flows.

Feedback is of course always welcome.

Best,

Martin Morgan
Bioconductor