[Bioc-devel] Use and Usability metrics / shields

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Sat May 9 19:57:42 CEST 2015

Dear Martin

great idea.
"Current build status” could perhaps be wrapped with "Cross-platform availability” into some sort of “Availability / Accessibility”?

I wonder how informative it would be to make metrics such as
(i) citations of the associated paper
(ii) full-text mentions e.g. in PubmedCentral
actually useful. (i) could be flawed if package and paper are diverged; (ii) would require good disambiguation, e.g. like bioNerDS http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/14/194 (or other tools? not my expertise). Do we have someone with capabilities in this area on this list?

PS  Martin you’ll like Fig. 2 of their paper.

Wolfgang