[Bioc-devel] CfP: ICML 2015 Workshop on Machine Learning Open Source Software: Open Ecosystems

Antti Honkela antti.honkela at hiit.fi
Mon Mar 30 09:09:53 CEST 2015

                         Call for Contributions

        Workshop on Machine Learning Open Source Software 2015:
                         Open Ecosystems
                   http://mloss.org/workshop/icml15/

                      at ICML 2015, Lille, France
                          10th July 2015

The ICML workshop on Machine Learning Open Source Software (MLOSS) is
aimed at all machine learning researchers who wish to have their
algorithms and implementations included as a part of the greater open
source machine learning environment. Continuing the tradition of well
received workshops on MLOSS at NIPS 2006, NIPS 2008, ICML 2010 and NIPS
2013, we plan to have a workshop that is a mix of invited speakers,
contributed talks and discussion/activity sessions. For 2015, we focus
on building open ecosystems. Our invited speakers will illustrate the
process for Python and Julia through presenting modern high-level
high-performance computation engines, and we encourage submissions that
showcase the benefits of multiple tools in the same ecosystem. All
software presentations are required to include a live demonstration. The
workshop will also include an active session (“hackathon”) for
planning and starting to develop infrastructure for measuring software
impact.

IMPORTANT DATES

     * Submission Date: 28 April 2015
     * Notification of Acceptance: 11 May 2015
     * Workshop date: 10 July 2015

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS

The organizing committee is currently seeking abstracts for talks at
MLOSS 2015. MLOSS is a great opportunity for you to tell the community
about your use, development, philosophy, or other activities related
to open source software in machine learning. The committee will select
several submitted abstracts for 20-minute talks.

We look forward for submissions that are novel, exciting and that
appeal to the wider community. For more details see:
http://mloss.org/workshop/icml15/

Please submit your contributions at
https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mloss2015

ORGANIZERS: