[Bioc-devel] request to create BSgenome Bos_taurus_UMD3.1.1

Byungkuk Min mbk0asis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 06:17:48 CET 2015

Dear Dr.Pages,

I've been trying to build a BSgenome for Bos_taurus_UMD3.1.1 from NCBI
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/assembly/GCF_000003055.6/>.
But I'm getting the same error message...

>library(BSgenome)
> forgeBSgenomeDataPkg("/PATH/TO/genome.fa")
Error: Line starting '>1 ...' is malformed!

I don't have much knowledge of R, so creating a custom BSgenome seems out
of my league.

I would like to kindly request the bovine BSgenome package.

Thank you!

*Byungkuk Min*
Ph.D Candidate
University of Science & Technology, <http://ust.ac.kr>
Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology
<http://www.kribb.re.kr>
125 Gwahangno, Yuseong-Gu, Daejeon, Korea (305-806)
Laboratory : 042-860-4423
FAX : 042-860-4608
Cell phone : 010-5209-7377