[Bioc-devel] Short URLs for packages?

Tim Triche, Jr. tim.triche at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 17:25:43 CET 2015

> I guess my problem is that there is even an "if" at the beginning of that sentence.  That's not an attack on you, I know that the above reflects the current state of affairs, I'm simply saying that perhaps Bioconductor, as a project, can help/encourage people to do better.

Quite true.  Perhaps that could be emphasized as part of adding the redirect rules.  I am always delighted when people cite the version number of a package, as it shows that they care about the quality of their work, and the stability of its conclusions.

People rarely do what they know is right; they do what is convenient, then repent.  (Bob Dylan pointed this out a while ago...)

Thus it is more likely that a person will do the right thing if it happens to be the most convenient thing IMHO. Anything to advance this strategy would be a step in the right direction

Best,

--t