[Bioc-devel] development vs release version

Eric Frichot eric.frichot at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 18:44:06 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I am new in the bioconductor community. I just finished the bioconductor
review of my package called LEA. By the way, all your feedbacks are more
than welcome about it.

I am not sure to understand how the release of a new version works in
bioconductor. I have few questions you may help me with.

I just downloaded my package through bioconductor. So, it is under
development. I tried to install my package using biocLite function. I got
the error message

package ‘LEA’ is not available (for R version 3.1.3)

Does it mean that I have to wait the next bioconductor release ?

If it is the case, imagine that I add new features for my package, do I
have to wait the next release (every 6 month) for these features to be
available ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Eric Frichot