[Bioc-devel] Linking to Rsamtools does not work on latest R-devel

Nathaniel Hayden nhayden at fredhutch.org
Fri Mar 20 18:02:41 CET 2015

The Makevars.win you say works for Windows is the current recommendation
for Makevars.win in the Rsamtools Using samtools C libraries vignette.
Regarding the Linux issue, yes, the r_arch argument to configure is
adding the intermediate subdirectory. It is my fault the current (Linux)
recommendation does not account for that. I was not aware ${R_ARCH} was
ever non-empty string on Linux. I will update the documentation. Thanks
for pointing it out!

>>> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.1/bioc-LATEST/ tell me that