[Bioc-devel] New package

Liu, Yuanhang LiuY12 at livemail.uthscsa.edu
Sat Jun 27 00:41:58 CEST 2015

Hello, everyone,

We are pleased to announce the release of our package XBSeq for differential expression analysis of RNA-seq experiments. We developed a novel algorithm, where a statistical model was established based on the assumption that observed signals are the convolution of true expression signals and sequencing noises. The mapped reads in non-exonic regions are considered as sequencing noises, which follows a Poisson distribution. Given measurable observed and noise signals from RNA-seq data, true expression signals, assuming governed by the negative binomial distribution, can be delineated and thus the accurate detection of differential expressed genes. Details regarding XBSeq can be found in the vignette and also in the article 'Differential expression analysis of RNA sequencing data by incorporating non-exonic mapped reads'  BMC Genomics 2015, 16(Suppl 7):S14  doi:10.1186/1471-2164-16-S7-S14.

XBSeq is currently available via the development version of Bioconductor.

http://bioconductor.org/packages/XBSeq

We'll be very grateful for any question, remark, comment, etc. about the package. Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Regards
Yuanhang Liu
PhD Candidate
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology laboratory
Cellular & Structural Biology
UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
email: liuy12 at uthscsa.edu    cel: 210-784-082?8