[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor Git/GitHub Mirrors

Robert M. Flight rflight79 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 16:23:38 CEST 2015

So this seems to work quite nicely. But in my own testing of committing
with my categoryCompare package, there is one interesting issue of Github
complaining about how many commits ahead / behind the fork is.

So I moved my old github repo, and then made a fresh fork from the
Bioconductor mirror, and made a new clone of that fork on my local machine,
and ran update_remotes.sh.

Made some changes to the readme (pointing to personal repo for issues) and
committed in *master

git push origin master (push back up to my personal copy)
git checkout devel
git svn rebase
git merge master --no-edit
git svn rebase && git svn dcommit --add-author-from

When I looked at my personal fork, it shows 1 commit ahead & behind the
original. So I pulled from *bioc* remote into master (and merge it), and
then pushed back up to master.

I still have this message: This branch is 2 commits ahead of
Bioconductor-mirror:master, but there are no file differences.

Does anyone know how to make this message go away? Should I just use my own
repo instead of a *fork* of the Bioconductor-mirror?

-Robert