[Bioc-devel] Changes in AnnotationDbi

Simon Anders anders at embl.de
Tue Jun 9 19:21:44 CEST 2015

Hi Martin

On 09/06/15 15:35, Martin Morgan wrote:
> In case  you missed it in Marc's reply, and acknowledging that this is
> different from your suggestion, there is mapIds() for doing this on a
> single column basis, which is the common use case where one doesn't care
> too much about multiple mapping ids

I have indeed missed this point in Marc's reply -- and you are right,
the single column case is the only one where it is common that one does
not care for multiple mapping. So, sorry for the noise.

How comes I never knew 'mapIds' even though it is clearly mentioned in
the AnnotationDb help page? Maybe the page is too long, or --more
likely-- I'm to impatient when browsing through help pages.

   Simon