[Bioc-devel] ClassifyR Fails to Build on Windows

Dario Strbenac dstr7320 at uni.sydney.edu.au
Sat Jan 17 00:00:16 CET 2015

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I understand the cause now. Actually, the exact problem is that, in runTest, I have a condition that depends on the previous function calls :

 if(any(grepl("runTests", deparse(sys.calls()))))

If runTest was called by runTests, then I intend to return a particular value that does not refer to the variable datasetName. If runTest was called directly by the user, such as when they have one training and on test dataset and don't need to do the cross-validation offered by runTests, I intend to return a ClassifyResult object, which does refer to the variable datasetName. The condition evaluates to FALSE, even when runTest was called by runTests on Windows, and executes the unintended code block which makes reference to datasetName, which is missing. How can I make my check of previously called functions platform-independent when I am also using parallelisation ?