[Bioc-devel] IRanges findOverlaps Result Different for Recent Update

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 15:42:45 CET 2015

Has it ever been documented that the return object is sorted in a specific
way?  I just want to make sure we think about whether that is something we
want to enforce giving the possibility of using a different algorithm in
the future.

We could also address this by implementing (perhaps it already exists) a
sort() method for the return object.  That would still break existing code
though.

Best,
Kasper