[Bioc-devel] Announcing Docker containers for Bioconductor

Elena Grassi grassi.e at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 14:11:50 CET 2015

Thanks, this is really useful and I was looking forward to it after
having used rocker!

I have a strange (ok, at least to me :) ) issue concerning volumes.
On a machine (debian testing/unstable up to date) everything works
smoothly when I do something like:
data at decoder:~$ docker run -v
/home/data/Dropbox/work/
matrix/mr_bioc/matrix_rider/:/opt/matrix_rider
-p 8787:8787 9f40f8036ad4
(in /home/data/Dropbox/work/matrix/mr_bioc/matrix_rider/ I have a
Rstudio project)

The same command on another machine (more or less the same debian as
before) leads me to being unable to open the project with Rstudio as
long as the directory is not writeable.
The only relevant difference seems to be my user UID which is 1000 on
the first machine but different on the other one. I tried to use -e as
suggested here
https://github.com/rocker-org/rocker/wiki/Sharing-files-with-host-machine
with no luck.

Does anyone more docker-savy than me have a suggestion? (maybe the
volumes approach is not the best one here).

Thanks,
E.
p.s. sorry Dan for the first mail sent only to you