[Bioc-devel] Masked version of BSgenome.Hsapiens.NCBI.GRCh38?

Ulrich Bodenhofer bodenhofer at bioinf.jku.at
Fri Feb 6 15:13:02 CET 2015

Hi,

The latest human genome build GRCh38 has been around in Bioconductor for
some while (package BSgenome.Hsapiens.NCBI.GRCh38). As far as I can
tell, however, there is currently no package that provides easy access
to masked/unmasked regions in the genome (like there is a .masked
version that wraps BSgenome objects into MaskedBSgenome objects for many
other genomes, e.g. there is BSgenome.Hsapiens.UCSC.hg19.masked for
hg19). Here is my question: does anybody have plans to include  a
package BSgenome.Hsapiens.NCBI.GRCh38.masked (or under a different name)
into Bioconductor 3.1? At least I could not find anything in the current
development branch.

Thanks and best regards,
Ulrich

*Dr. Ulrich Bodenhofer*