[Bioc-devel] new package build problems

Karl Stamm karl.stamm at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 07:04:40 CEST 2014

I'm trying to put together a new package submission, "rgsepd", and I've ran
into an error I can't figure out. Hoping to talk with someone with more
experience on the bioconductor build system.

The build report is here
http://bioconductor.org/spb_reports/rgsepd_0.99.2_buildreport_20140929213816.html#moscato1_buildsrc_anchor

The package has built fine on OSX and Linux, but is now crashing trying to
construct the Vignette on Windows. I don't see any error message reported,
just that the vignette failed. So I don't know how to debug it anymore.
Earlier versions had reported various file-not-found errors, so I could
track them down and fix them, it was file case-sensitivity or forward-slash
vs backslash on various imported files.  On the latest revision 0.99.2, the
moscato1 BUILD failed, but it was working in 0.99.1. I'm kind of at a loss,
does moscato1 not like knitr ?
The content of the error log only says it didn't make the file, as far as I
can tell:

* installing the package to build vignettes
* creating vignettes ...Warning: running command
'"D:/packagebuilder/R/bin/i386/Rscript" --vanilla --default-packages=
-e "tools::buildVignettes(dir = '.', tangle = TRUE)"' had status 1
 ERROR
Warning: running command
'"C:\PROGRA~2\MIKTEX~1.9\miktex\bin\texi2dvi.exe" --quiet --pdf
"rgsepd.tex" --max-iterations=20 -I
"D:/packagebuilder/R/share/texmf/tex/latex" -I
"D:/packagebuilder/R/share/texmf/bibtex/bst"' had status 1
Error in find_vignette_product(name, by = "texi2pdf", engine = engine) :
  Failed to locate the 'texi2pdf' output file (by engine
'knitr::knitr') for vignette with name 'rgsepd'. The following files
exist in directory '.': 'rgsepd.R', 'rgsepd.Rnw', 'rgsepd.tex'
Calls: <Anonymous> -> find_vignette_product
Execution halted

Is there any way to get more information for debugging?

Thanks for your help.