[Bioc-devel] GenomicFiles: some random issues

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Mon Sep 29 23:43:20 CEST 2014

I wrote it, because it might be clearer to see it as code:

###
### DelegatingGenomicRanges objects
###
###
### Virtual class that delegates GenomicRanges data access to a
### GenomicRanges delegate.
###

setClass("DelegatingGenomicRanges",
         representation(delegate="GenomicRanges"),
         contains=c("GenomicRanges", "VIRTUAL"))

### - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-
### Slot getters and setters.
###

setMethod("seqnames", "DelegatingGenomicRanges",
          function(x) seqnames(x at delegate))

setMethod("ranges", "DelegatingGenomicRanges",
          function(x, ...) ranges(x at delegate, ...))

setMethod("strand", "DelegatingGenomicRanges", function(x) strand(x at delegate
))
setMethod("seqinfo", "DelegatingGenomicRanges", function(x)
seqinfo(x at delegate))

-
### Demo of using this.
###

setClass("GenomicRangesWithStats",
         representation(stats="matrix"),
         contains="DelegatingGenomicRanges")

setMethod("extraColumnSlotNames", "GenomicRangesWithStats", function(x)
"stats")