[Bioc-devel] need for consistent coordinate mapping API

Michael Lawrence lawrence.michael at gene.com
Fri Sep 19 19:07:41 CEST 2014

Hi guys,

This is the problem of mapping back and forth between coordinate spaces,
such as between genomic and transcript space. I think there was some
progress this release cycle (introduction of mapCoords generic, etc), but I
think there is yet more to do. For example, transcriptLocs2RefLocs could be
given a ranges-based wrapper that conforms to the mapCoords API somehow.
Could we please put this on the TODO list of someone (in Seattle) for the
next release cycle?

Michael