[Bioc-devel] GenomicRanges::findOverlaps() ignoring chromosome information?

Kevin Rue-Albrecht kevin.rue at ucdconnect.ie
Fri Sep 19 13:21:41 CEST 2014

Hi again,

Update on my issue, although I haven't found the source of the error yet..
I have correct overlaps in one scenario, but not in another.  This suggests
that the findOverlaps() command works as expected on my data, but in the
second scenario I don't see where the error is yet, let me explain:

   - When I use my function OverlapDmrs.Gene with argument only.hits=TRUE,
   all the hits make perfect sense
      - Full command: dmrs_gene = OverlapDmrs.Gene(dmrs=dmrs,
      gene_track=ensGene.asFeatures, only.hits=TRUE, prefix.chr=TRUE)
   - When I use my function OverlapDmrs.Gene with argument only.hits=FALSE,
   the correct DMRs are annotated with the right start and stop position, but
   with an incorrect chromosome value (strangest thing is that chromosone 30
   should not exist in *Bos taurus*, while some hits state this value in
   the chromosome column)
      - Full command: dmrs_gene.all = OverlapDmrs.Gene(dmrs=dmrs,
      gene_track=ensGene.asFeatures, only.hits=FALSE, prefix.chr=T)

Now that I wrote that "out loud", I just got an idea where to look for the
source of the problem. Apologies for the spam, but if I find the solution,
I'll definitely bring a conclusion to this thread.

Kevin