[Bioc-devel] "nearest" & related methods for GRangesList & friends?

Ryan C. Thompson rct at thompsonclan.org
Fri May 23 20:20:23 CEST 2014

Here is my use case (relevant lines highlighted):

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/0cd0c926fb21a8d62fcc#file-annotatepeaks-r-L49-L54

The idea is to annotate each peak with the Entrez ID of the nearest
transcription start site. Each Entrez ID can have multiple transcripts,
hence multiple TSS, so I basically want to call nearest with a GRanges
of peaks against a GRangesList of TSS (each TSS is a range with a width
of 1 containing the first base pair of a transcript). I don't personally
need a method that works for a GRangesList query.

-Ryan