[Bioc-devel] "nearest" & related methods for GRangesList & friends?

Ryan C. Thompson rct at thompsonclan.org
Fri May 23 00:38:35 CEST 2014

Hello,

I recently found myself in want of a nearest method that handles
GRangesList objects. Is there any plan to add one? I just want to define
"nearest" for elements of a GRangesList by the shortest distance between
any query range and any subject range. Obviously I can do this by
unlisting the GRangesList, calling nearest, and then post-processing to
figure out which element of the original GRangesList includes the
nearest range, but it would be nice to have a function that already does
this for me.

-Ryan