[Bioc-devel] deprecating GenomeData and GenomeDataList

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Fri May 9 01:58:56 CEST 2014

Hi Michael,

On 05/08/2014 04:35 PM, Michael Lawrence wrote:
> Sounds good. Somewhat related: it would be nice to have an lapply method
> for BSgenome that iterates over the chromosomes, but bsapply would work
> just fine returning a list.

Yes, that's the plan. In the immediate future modify bsapply() to return
an ordinary list. Then later add an "lapply" method for BSgenome and
maybe get rid of bsapply() at some point.

BTW, in my quest for packages that use the GenomeData/GenomeDataList
objects, I ran into the chipseq package, which, IIRC, used to be the
first consumer of these objects and was the original motivation for
introducing them. However it seems that theses days the package doesn't
use them anymore (looks like it uses GRanges/GRangesList instead) even
though the documentation still mentions them everywhere. Any chance the
doc could be updated?

Thanks,
H.

E-mail: hpages at fhcrc.org