[Bioc-devel] Gviz doesn't provide enough horizontial space

Hahne, Florian florian.hahne at novartis.com
Tue May 6 09:03:02 CEST 2014

Hi Renan,
this was more a conceptional choice. If you think about how IRanges and
GRanges are defined, a sequence letter should be placed in the middle in
between the start and the end position of a given base. Now the slightly
confusing thing is that a range from 1 to 2 actually has width 2, and not
1. So when you are asking for a stretch of sequence for the range
IRanges(1,2) you actually get two letters. My suspicion is that something
goes wrong on that level. I definitely want to keep the base labels in
between, so your suggested fix below is not quite what we want. I¹ll have
to take a closer look at the portion of the code that computes the xlims
to see what is going on. It looks like a bug, though.
Will get back to you once I find the time to look into the issue.
Florian