[Bioc-devel] differences between petty and perceval (OS X 10.6.8 build machines for release/devel)

Michael Stadler michael.stadler at fmi.ch
Fri Jun 13 15:50:46 CEST 2014

When BioC 2.14 was released, it did work on OS X 10.6.8, but not on 10.9
and neither on some flavours of 32-bit Linux.

The bowtie developers have released version 1.0.1 which addresses some
of these issues. For the remaining one that still made it fail on OS X
10.9, I have been in contact with them and they provided a patch (see
http://sourceforge.net/p/bowtie-bio/bugs/312/) which seems to fix it on
the OS X machines that I have access to, but apparently not for petty.

Going back to the version at release is not an option, since I rate
support for OS X 10.9 more important, especially in the long run.

Michael