[Bioc-devel] differences between petty and perceval (OS X 10.6.8 build machines for release/devel)

Michael Stadler michael.stadler at fmi.ch
Fri Jun 13 09:32:52 CEST 2014

Hi Dan,

I'm cc'ing the list; maybe somebody else has experienced differences
between petty and perceval.

Rbowtie release (1.4.5) is not building under OS X 10.6.8 (petty).

Rbowtie release (1.4.5) and development (1.5.5) are virtually identical
(only DESCRIPTION and NEWS differ).

The development version builds without problems on perceval, but the
release version fails on petty:
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/devel/bioc-LATEST/Rbowtie/perceval-buildsrc.html
http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/release/bioc-LATEST/Rbowtie/petty-buildsrc.html

The only difference I can make out from the node info pages is that
perceval has an additional section on "C++11 compiler" that is lacking
from petty's NodeInfo page.

Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce the issue, both Rbowtie 1.4.5 and
1.5.5 build successfully under OS X 10.6.8 and 10.7.5 using llvm-gcc-4.2.

Do you have any idea what else could be different between petty and
perceval?

Thank you,
Michael