[Bioc-devel] evaluation of C post-increments changed in GCC 4.8.2

Robert Castelo robert.castelo at upf.edu
Thu Jun 12 17:45:39 CEST 2014

hi Dan,

On 06/12/2014 04:28 PM, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
[...]
> Thanks for figuring this out and sharing it.
>
> Note that on the build machines, the compiler used on Mavericks is not gcc but clang.
> More info here:
>
> http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.14/bioc-LATEST/morelia-NodeInfo.html
> http://www.bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.0/bioc-LATEST/oaxaca-NodeInfo.html

ok, i see, one question, in the build reports at the BioC site the R CMD
check warns about this kind of problematic post-increment suggesting
this is the result of using the option -Wunsequenced

i've been trying to install and check my package using that option but i
cannot find the way to do it.

could you tell me how have you set up the R CMD INSTALL or R CMD CHECK
command in the building pipeline so that the compiler warns about this
problem?

is actually -Wunsequenced a specific option of this 'clang' compiler?

thanks!
robert.