[Bioc-devel] dealing with GRCh38 build

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 28 19:57:23 CEST 2014

Hi Vince,

The current Homo.sapiens package/object contains a reference to an hg19
TranscriptDb object (which makes it specific to hg19).  But you can
easily make a custom Homo.sapiens object of your own that points to a
custom TranscriptDb object.  Making a custom OrganismDbi object is easy
to do and is documented in the OrganismDbi vignette:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/vignettes/OrganismDbi/inst/doc/OrganismDbi.pdf

So there nothing very fancy going on here right now.  But you can
customize to match a build if you have made the base annotation objects
(TranscriptDb, OrgDb etc.).

  Marc