[Bioc-devel] Distinction between release and devel package websites

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Thu Jul 24 19:58:55 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 5:34 PM, Hervé Pagès <hpages at fhcrc.org> wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>

> On 07/24/2014 06:03 AM, Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 3:16 AM, Hervé Pagès <hpages at fhcrc.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Andrzej,

>>> Done:
>>>
>>>    http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.0/bioc-LATEST/index.html
>>>

>>> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.0/data-experiment-LATEST/index.html
>>>
>>> Will revert back if there is too much complaining about this...
>>

>> Thanks for all updates. The latter hurts my eyes though -
>

> I didn't modify the data experiment report to use a less bright logo
> yet. It should auto-update the next time the report is generated though.

Ok.

>> may I
>> instead suggest to use a left/right side bar with text "Bioconductor
>> developer version (3.0)" written sideways.
>

> We need to deal with a space problem. The report is already too wide.
>

>> Alternatively, add
>> "developer" and "release" tag after each package's version, e.g.
>> "affycompData 1.2.0 (BioC release 2.14)" and "affycompData 1.3.0 (BioC
>> developer 3.0)" (possible on a separate line).
>

> Space problem again.

Ok.

>> BTW, the BioC version is nowhere to be seen on the current check
>> results pages; it's only from the URL you can infer this.
>

> It's in the title!

What to say... touche.

>> While at it, it would be great to have links on the check pages that
>> quickly takes to the corresponding devel/release versions.
>

> The check page for devel has links to the devel landing pages and the
> check page for release has links to the release release landing pages.
> Just click on the name of the package and it will take you to the
> corresponding landing page.
>

>>  Also, if
>> one could jump directly to a particular package, that would also be
>> great, e.g.
>> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.0/data-experiment-LATEST/index.html#gageData
>

> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.0/bioc-LATEST/aroma.light/

After all these years I didn't know that one existed.  ...which brings
me to the last item of my wishlist; a link to this from the package
page, e.g. http://bioconductor.org/packages/3.0/bioc/html/aroma.light.html
-> http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/3.0/bioc-LATEST/aroma.light/.

Thxs

Henrik