[Bioc-devel] GenomicRanges: Seqinfo indexing with non-existing key

Julian Gehring julian.gehring at embl.de
Thu Feb 27 14:08:31 CET 2014

Hi Dan,

Subestting your vector returns an element with both value and name set
to 'NA'.  In contrast, subsetting the 'Seqinfo' object returns an
element with 'seqname' set to the key - which can be easily
misinterpreted.  Since the other columns ('seqlengths', 'genome',
'circular') are in many cases 'NA' anyway, it becomes hard to catch
this.  Also, subsetting a GRanges (e.g. 'as(si, "GRanges")') with a
non-existing key throws an error.

Best wishes
Julian