[Bioc-devel] WISH: BioC URL shortcut to packages

Tim Triche, Jr. tim.triche at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 18:09:49 CET 2014

Once upon a time I used apache's mod_rewrite for this sort of thing (in my case for SEO purposes). That said it's not hard at all and super useful.

I suspect this is why Rails, Sinatra, etc use routing as their basic building block. Presumably if you typed in

http://bioconductor.org/Biostrings

It would rewrite the URL to the release version's page and that would be that.  I've heard worse ideas :-)

--t