[Bioc-devel] BatchJobs and BiocParallel

Laurent Gatto lg390 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 14 18:20:50 CET 2014

Dear all,

Looking back in my (sparse) notes from the last European Bioc meeting, I
saw two points that were mentioned during the BatchJobs and BiocParallel
talk that are of particular interest to me.

- BatchJobs: is there support, or are there any plans to support the
  HTCondor infrastructure [1], and will this back-end be supported in
  BiocParallel?

- BiocParallel: is there support, or are there any plans to support
  nested parallelisation. The use case I have in mind is to have a first
  level of parallelisation to distribute n sets jobs on n different
  machines using snow for example, and then each set of jobs would be
  distributed on their respective machine via multicore?

Any comments on the above solutions or their feasibility would be very
welcome.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best wishes,

Laurent