[Bioc-devel] cummeRbund volcano plot different point size

Ian Misner imisner at umd.edu
Thu Dec 4 20:13:55 CET 2014

Hello,

I’m working with cummeRbund in R 3.1.1 and I’m trying to get a different point size for my csVolcano plot. I’ve tried two approaches an neither see to work.

after loading library and the data as

library(cummeRbund)
cuff <- readCufflinks(“diff_out”)

1)use the mapping setting for the csVoclano function

v <- csVolcano(genes(cuff), “EP”, “PC”, showSignificant=TRUE, alpha=0.05, mapping=aes(size=5))

When I view this the point size stays a the default settings.

2) Alter the ggplot2 information after creating the plot

t <- v + geom_point(aes(size = 2))

This produces an error saying that “geom_point requires the following missing aesthetics: x, y

if I provide those labels the points still don’t change

t <- v + geom_point(aes(x=log10 y=log2 size =2))

Using method two with csScatter works great and the points change size.

What am I missing?

Cheers
Ian