[Bioc-devel] RSS package feeds not updated

Kevin Rue-Albrecht kevin.rue at ucdconnect.ie
Wed Dec 3 12:09:58 CET 2014

Hi Stephanie,

I am using rss2email (
http://www.allthingsrss.com/rss2email/getting-started-with-rss2email/), a
script that I installed to track my package feed, and that is run by my
Windows task scheduler every day, to send me the RSS news in an email (not
as an RSS feed per se)

Now, just like you I get the good and the bad news following the nightly
build. But since I get them as emails, I just set up a filter to mark good
emails as read and I move them directly in a separate email folder (you
could also delete them).
This way, only the bad news show up as unread messages which catch my
attention.

Took a bit of time to set up, but then it ran seamlessly ever since.
No extra work for Dan, and developers who might want to log the successful
builds can do so.

Hope that helps.
Kevin