[Bioc-devel] Please help us try out our new support site!

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Tue Aug 19 19:15:20 CEST 2014

Hi Stephanie,

There are two kinds of tag tracking on offer and they should be
independent of each other.  So on the site when you log in, there is a
tab called 'My Tags'.  That tab is supposed to list any posts that are
tagged with your tags of interest and you can look at them whenever you
log in.  In contrast, the 'Watched Tags" should actually email you
whenever someone hits one of the tags you list in that field.  So you
might want these two lists to have slightly different contents depending
on how often you want to get emailed etc.

Also related to this, we have already retroactively tagged and imported
the past 11+ years of older posts that mention bioconductor package
names or biocViews terms.  So you should be able to put tags for your
packages of interest into 'My Tags' and then see related older posts
listed under your "My Tags" tab right away.

   Marc