[Bioc-devel] cbind method / SummarizedExperiment

Hans-Ulrich Klein h.klein at uni-muenster.de
Tue Aug 19 17:50:19 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I implemented a subclass of SummarizedExperiment from the GenomicRanges
package. When I call cbind() on two objects of my subclass, I get an
object of class SummarizedExperiment and not of my own class. So I have
to re-implement cbind() in order to avoid this unwanted class coercing.
This is not the case for, e.g., combine() for class eSet. I am wondering
whether it would make sense to change the implementation of cbind() (and
also rbind() etc.) for SummarizedExperiment in order to make class
inheritance more convenient?

Best,
Hans