[Bioc-devel] Announcing Bioconductor's youTube Channel

Sonali Arora sarora at fhcrc.org
Fri Aug 15 19:44:53 CEST 2014

Hi,

We are pleased to announce Bioconductor's youTube Channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/bioconductor

Please go check it out and  let us know what topics you would like to
see Videos on !

If you are a package developer, wondering how you can submit a
Instructional video for your package?

Simply add a Video: tag in the DESCRIPTION file of your package. We will
make sure it appears
under Documentation  section on your package landing page.

For examples on how it looks - Please check out VariantAnnotation
Package - where Valerie Obenchain
shows you how to read in VCF data.
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/devel/bioc/html/VariantAnnotation.html

A) you can send us a temporary link during package review(eg: hosted out
of your dropbox)
We will be happy to upload it on our youTube Channel - a permanent
youTube link will be sent to
you - which you can add in your DESCRIPTION file.

b) If the video for your package already lives on youTube or your
website - just add the permanent link in
the Video : tag of your DESCRIPTION file.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Sonali Arora