[Bioc-devel] r+w permissions in release branches

Alejandro Reyes alejandro.reyes at embl.de
Tue Apr 22 14:19:35 CEST 2014

Dear Dan, Dear developers list,

Due a recent change in one cran package, DEXSeq 1.8.0 (for the R version
3.0.*) stop working. I fixed this conflict in the release branch of
bioconductor and tried to commit my changes. But I don't seem to have
write access, e.g:

$ svn ci --username a.reyes -m "fixed conflicts with newest version of
cran package"
Sending        DESCRIPTION
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: access to
'/bioconductor/!svn/ver/81643/branches/RELEASE_2_13/madman/Rpacks/DEXSeq/DESCRIPTION'
forbidden

I  also noticed that I also don't have read access...

svn co --username a.reyes
https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/branches/RELEASE_2_13/madman/Rpacks/DEXSeq
svn: access to
'https://hedgehog.fhcrc.org/bioconductor/branches/RELEASE_2_13/madman/Rpacks/DEXSeq'
forbidden

I was wondering if this intentional? If so, what would be the way to
solve this kind of problems (e.g. a dependency changing outside
bioconductor that breaks previous versions of a bioconductor package)?

Best regards,
Alejandro