[Bioc-devel] Bioconductor packages for R-3.1.0 beta on OSX 10.9

Diego Diez diego10ruiz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 04:24:09 CEST 2014

Hi Dan,

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Dan Tenenbaum <dtenenba at fhcrc.org> wrote:
> Hi Diego,

Thank you. Also saw your other email sent to the list. What is the
advantage then of having a mavericks build? I guess the problem is
that Xcode 5 builds are not backward compatible.

>> this did not work either:
>>
>> > biocLite(type="source")
>>

> That's puzzling. What about installing an individual package from source with biocLite()?

Did not work either.

> biocLite("Biobase",type="source")
Error: 'no packages in repository (no internet connection?)' while trying
  http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.14/bioc

here include the output of traceback:

> traceback()
11: stop(.msg(...), call. = call.)
10: .stop("'%s' while trying %s", conditionMessage(err), repos, call. = FALSE)
9: value[[3L]](cond)
8: tryCatchOne(expr, names, parentenv, handlers[[1L]])
7: tryCatchList(expr, classes, parentenv, handlers)
6: tryCatch({
       .contribUrl(repos)
   }, error = function(err) {
       version <- getRversion()
       currentVersion <- sprintf("%d.%d", version$major, version$minor)
       lowerVersion <- .lowerRVersionString(version)
       oldRepos <- sub(currentVersion, lowerVersion, repos)
       if (oldRepos == repos)
           .stop("'%s' while trying %s", conditionMessage(err),
               repos, call. = FALSE)
       .message("'%s' while trying %s, trying %s", conditionMessage(err),
           repos, oldRepos)
       .contribUrl(oldRepos)
   })
5: withCallingHandlers(expr, warning = function(w)
invokeRestart("muffleWarning"))
4: suppressWarnings(tryCatch({
       .contribUrl(repos)
   }, error = function(err) {
       version <- getRversion()
       currentVersion <- sprintf("%d.%d", version$major, version$minor)
       lowerVersion <- .lowerRVersionString(version)
       oldRepos <- sub(currentVersion, lowerVersion, repos)
       if (oldRepos == repos)
           .stop("'%s' while trying %s", conditionMessage(err),
               repos, call. = FALSE)
       .message("'%s' while trying %s, trying %s", conditionMessage(err),
           repos, oldRepos)
       .contribUrl(oldRepos)
   }))
3: .getContribUrl(biocVersion())
2: bioconductorPackageIsCurrent()
1: biocLite("Biobase", type = "source")

this works (as it did with BiocInstaller)

install.packages("Biobase",repos="http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.14/bioc",type="source")

Diego