[Bioc-devel] Clarifying/simplifying on the SVN-Github mirroring

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Fri Sep 27 20:08:38 CEST 2013

----- Original Message -----

No. hedgehog will remain the canonical repository for BioC source.
The bridge will look a lot like what you are doing now, in fact it's based on the document you referenced. But you won't have to know anything about git-svn.

You'll create a github repos (or take an existing repos) and add bioc-sync as a collaborator on it, then you'll set up a webhook URL. Then you'll go to a web page and create a bridge between the github repos and the svn repos.

Now svn commits will automatically show up in the github master branch, and git pushes will show up in svn.
The bridge will only ever touch the master branch in github. So do all the branching you want, just make sure the contents of master are what you want to push to svn.

Other users can fork your repos, send you pull requests, file issues, and use all other github social coding features. It's up to you to accept pull requests and merge them into master (and thus svn).

Dan