[Bioc-devel] IMPORTANT inst/doc/*Rnw to vignettes/

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon Oct 21 07:36:11 CEST 2013

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the heads-up.  I think I've made the changes necessary, but am
having trouble confirming whether the changes are correct on a Windows
machine.

Could you tell me hows Bioconductor builds the Windows binaries of
Bioconductor packages?

To see how things work, I am playing around with Biobase on svn.  I can
build Biobase from the svn source including the pdfs of the vignettes
using

   R CMD build Biobase

on my Windows machine.  This gives me a tar.gz file of Biobase with an
inst/doc directory containing Rnws and pdfs of all the vignettes.  This
shows that my LaTeX etc is working fine.

However when I run

   R CMD INSTALL --build Biobase

which is the recommended way to install a package under Windows, I get a
zip file containing no sign of any vignette.  In fact there is no doc or
inst or vignette directory in the zip file.

What else do I need to do to install the package from source with the
vignettes build under Windows?

No doubt the answer is somewhere in one of the R manuals (writing R
extensions or admin and installation perhaps) but I cannot find it.

Thanks
Gordon

PS.  I am running Rtools3.1 with:

> sessionInfo()
R Under development (unstable) (2013-10-18 r64076)
Platform: i386-w64-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_Australia.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_Australia.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_Australia.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_Australia.1252

attached base packages:
[1] parallel  stats     graphics  grDevices utils
[6] datasets  methods   base

other attached packages:
[1] Biobase_2.23.1     BiocGenerics_0.9.0