[Bioc-devel] subread-buildindex fails on genome with many scaffolds?

Ryan C. Thompson rct at thompsonclan.org
Wed Nov 27 02:01:48 CET 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to test out subjunc for mapping my RNA-seq data to the
cynomolgus monkey genome, but when I try to build the index with
subread-buildindex, I get the error:

"There are too many sections in the chromosome data files (more than
50000 sections)."

and then after "Building the index...", it says "Killed", and exits with
code 137.

The genome is unfinished and contains over 90,000 small
scaffolds/contigs. My Subread version is 1.3.3. Is it planned to remove
this limitation in future versions?

-Ryan Thompson