[Bioc-devel] VariantAnnotation writeVcf problem

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Wed Nov 20 18:27:41 CET 2013

Hi Jennifer,

I've cc'd your message to the Bioconductor mailing list. We have two
lists, one for general questions and the other for bug reports/feature
requests. Please post future questions to one of these lists instead of
sending them to a single person. The lists reach a wider audience and
others can chime in with their responses/experience. You can find info
about the mailing lists here,

writeVcf() should only write out '.' for ID if the ID is missing. There
is no restriction on the format of the ID. Can you provide a small
sample of the vcf file you're having trouble with (just a few lines is
enough)? Also include the output of your sessionInfo().

Valerie