[Bioc-devel] BiocParallel: Best standards for passing locally assigned variables/functions, e.g. a bpExport()?

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Wed Nov 6 15:55:53 CET 2013

On 11/04/2013 11:34 AM, Michael Lawrence wrote:
> The dynamic nature of R limits the extent of these checks. But as Ryan has
> noted, a simple sanity check goes a long way. If what he has done could be
> extended to the rest of the search path (people always forget to attach
> packages), I think we've hit the 80% with 20%. Got a 404 on that URL btw.

I added three issues to BiocParallel on github.

1. bpexport

2. a function to check for non-local use. I think this should use codetools (to
avoid adding additional dependencies) but I'm a little flexible. Contributions
welcome on github, especially as a pull request with code formatted
consistently, a man page, and especially unit tests to provide a clear
understanding of circumstances covered or not. Michel Lang's Recall and the
implementation in foreach also sound releavant here.

3. integration of (2) into bplapply etc.

Please feel free to address these further on github.

Martin